About This Company:
Want to join the metaverse? Interested in helping a dozen or so startups navigate the legal and regulatory uncertainties of the crypto and blockchain spaces?
This family of crypto and blockchain startups does everything from decentralized social media, to telehealth services, to philanthropy. While most of the startups are early-stage, all of them are internally-capitalized and some already have significant revenue, either through physical securities services or node sales.
About This Role:
As Counsel, you'll work on a wide variety of legal matters for a growing number or portfolio companies in the blockchain space. Beyond negotiating contracts and handling the day-to-day legal needs of growing startups, you'll also handle complex regulatory and securities issues. This is a role for someone who is experienced in the world of blockchain and crypto, and who's comfortable in a regulatory grey space.
- Identify and frame regulatory issues to formulate and propose strategic approaches to address organizational growth and operational opportunities
- Plan and implement company-wide regulatory strategy for rapidly evolving regulatory landscape in the crypto industry
- Act as a strategic business partner to review, draft, negotiate, and advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements, including SaaS agreements, master services agreements, licensing agreements, channel partner contracts, professional services agreements, marketing agreements, vendor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary
- Aid in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and metrics (including efficient contracting processes) to increase the overall effectiveness of the legal services provided to the company
- Address legal risk in business-centric ways, developing processes to solve problems, strengthening partnerships, and advancing opportunities
- Manage day-to-day interactions with business partners, outside counsel, and other stakeholders
- JD from a U.S. Law school and a member of a US state bar in good standing
- 4+ years of experience practicing at a top law firm or in-house
- Strong foundation in the regulatory/securities issues inherent to cryptocurrencies, and an understanding of their treatment under U.S. Securities, Commodities, and Payments (Money Transmission) Regulations
- Passionate about blockchain and the potential that it holds