Whistler Partners is a group of imperfect humans.
When it comes to health advice, I’m more imperfect than my fellow recruiters - I touch my face all the time, I forget to be careful when delivery food arrives and I open mail like it’s 1999. Fauci would cry if he saw my hand-washing regime. And I’m a former skateboarder - I’m not known for being disciplined. So I can’t offer you any health or productivity advice. That said.
We are as a group incredibly empathetic.
I was a lawyer interviewing at firms in 2001 when the dot com bubble burst and started as a recruiter shortly before 2008 happened. Wolf, Dan, Mat, Jon, Josh, Kathleen and Amdie were all attorneys in 2008 (Amdie was a 1st year at Dewey for christsakes!). In other words, we’ve all been there.
Your changes in employment or compensation due to COVID-19 will lag behind the curve of the virus.
Every firm is taking a different approach to cutting costs, and these measures will continue to evolve for months.
So now, the nitty-gritty:
- We still have in-house jobs! Not a ton of them, but still have some great ones! Pass this along to your friends and family!
- If none of our in-house gigs are right for you, there are still great jobs that aren’t just in bankruptcy! In Tech, Corporate or IP! Or if you’re open to it, corporate practices supporting bankruptcy.
- If you or your best friend from law school were recently laid off, or are scared of being laid off, we’re here! The good news is that my candidates who were laid off early in the 2008 recession actually were more likely to quickly land on their feet at another job than those laid off later.
- If your compensation is being cut, we can have an honest conversation about what you should do. We have a wealth of experience and current market intel that can help you decide if you should be looking for a new job or staying put.
- If you’re busy, congratulations! Pat yourself on the back. But be diligent! If you aren’t busy, and they ask you to help out in bankruptcy, say yes! Maybe even volunteer!
- If your firm or practice area is countercyclical, you lucky devil! Reach out to us and maybe hire some extra hands! Your new employees will be even more grateful to you if you hire them during a pandemic.
- If you need help networking, reach out! We are trying to help our people who have to move by making no fee referrals wherever we can help out a friend! Karma is real and sometimes the best placement is someone you help who later refers you to all their friends.
Hopefully we avoided all the worst covid cliches. Let us know what we can do.
EXCLUSIVE: General Counsel @ Medical Device Startup
Future of Beauty
EXCLUSIVE: Head of FinTech @ Financial Institution Client
The Pinnacle of FinTech
In-House Tech Transactions Attorney @ Venture Fund
VC with a Vision
Senior In-House Counsel @ Digital Health Leader
Not Your Grandma's Healthcare
In-House Commercial Transactions Attorney @ Digital Health Leader
Healthcare Meets Tech
Exclusive: ECVC Associate at Elite Firm's LA Office
Best Partner Opportunity in SoCal
Corporate M&A Associate @ Sports & Entertainment Focused Firm
The Home Run
In-House Corporate Counsel at Venture Fund
VC Meets FinTech
In-House Life Science Corporate Counsel @ Pharmaceutical Company
Future of Pharma
Startup & Media Associate @ Arts & Entertainment-Focused Boutique
In House M&A Counsel @ Top Private Equity Fund
In House Without the Pay Cut
Futures Trading Compliance @ Crypto Trading Platform
The Brand Name in Crypto
Corporate Counsel @ Video Gaming Unicorn
Director of Business & Legal @ Media Streaming Company
Privacy Counsel @ International Gaming Company
The Next Big Thing in Gaming
Associate @ Hollywood Entertainment Boutique
Break Into Entertainment
Corporate Commercial Counsel @ Tech/Media Industry Giant
The Household Name
In House Counsel @ Post IPO "Unicorn"
The Brand You Love
IP & Tech Litigation opp at a Silicon Valley tech Firm
The Move Before You Go In House
Privacy Partner @ Bay Area AmLaw 50 Firm
Plug and Play
Head of Legal @ Late Stage B2B SaaS Company
First Legal Hire
IP & Tech Litigation opp in SoCal
In SoCal, Even Litigation is Sexy
Biotech Late Stage/Cap Markets Partner
Use Your Expertise
Business & Legal Affairs @ AdTech Market Leader
Big Money Job at a Cutting Edge Biotech
Drugs are Fun!
ECVC Associate @ SoHo Boutique Firm
Edgy, Like Your Startup Clients
Senior Counsel @ Brainy FinTech Startup
Front Line Negotiations
In-House FinTech Bankruptcy Counsel
Can bankruptcy lawyers go in-house? YES!
Senior In-house Counsel @ Edgy FinTech Shop
Tech Transactions & Endless Summer
Hot & Elite (in a good way)
The Right Bankruptcy & Reorganization Practice For You
Restructuring Your Own Career
PE M&A Partner Day 1 @ AmLaw 100 Firm
Title & Platform - Walk in as Partner
Less Finance, More Fintech
Litigation For Entertainment & The Arts
General Counsel @ Digital Currency Trading Firm
Lead the Revolution
General Counsel @ Socially Conscious Fintech Startup
The Real Deal
Corporate/Fintech Associate @ Lifestyle Law Firm
Living in Style
Switch to FinTech deals
Use Your Science Degree
Back to School
IP Counsel @ Tier 1 Unicorn
Switch To Tech Transactions, Multiply Your In-house Options
IP Counsel @ Tech Accelerator
Privacy & Tech Transactions Counsel @ Interactive Gaming Company
New Media IP Transactions Associate @ Tech-leader
The Future is Now
Corporate Counsel @ Digital Marketing Startup
Switch from Corporate/IP to Advertising
Corporate & IP Counsel @ Media & Entertainment Leader
Digital Advertising Counsel @ Health & Wellness Startup
The Good Life
Advertising, Marketing & Entertainment Associate
Media, Entertainment & Sports Associate @ Prominent Firm
Counsel @ Series B Social Impact Startup
Be a Trailblazer
Switch from Capital Markets to Emerging Companies
Corporate Counsel @ Late-stage Workspace Startup
Enter the World of Startups
Associate General Counsel @ Venture Fund
Outside General Counsel @Boutique Startup & Venture Firm
Startup & Venture Capital Associate @ Elite Startup-Focused Firm
The Best of the Best
New York or Los Angeles