Whistler Partners is a group of imperfect humans.
When it comes to health advice, I’m more imperfect than my fellow recruiters - I touch my face all the time, I forget to be careful when delivery food arrives and I open mail like it’s 1999. Fauci would cry if he saw my hand-washing regime. And I’m a former skateboarder - I’m not known for being disciplined. So I can’t offer you any health or productivity advice. That said.
We are as a group incredibly empathetic.
I was a lawyer interviewing at firms in 2001 when the dot com bubble burst and started as a recruiter shortly before 2008 happened. Wolf, Dan, Mat, Jon, Josh, Kathleen and Amdie were all attorneys in 2008 (Amdie was a 1st year at Dewey for christsakes!). In other words, we’ve all been there.
Your changes in employment or compensation due to COVID-19 will lag behind the curve of the virus.
Every firm is taking a different approach to cutting costs, and these measures will continue to evolve for months.
So now, the nitty-gritty:
- We still have in-house jobs! Not a ton of them, but still have some great ones! Pass this along to your friends and family!
- If none of our in-house gigs are right for you, there are still great jobs that aren’t just in bankruptcy! In Tech, Corporate or IP! Or if you’re open to it, corporate practices supporting bankruptcy.
- If you or your best friend from law school were recently laid off, or are scared of being laid off, we’re here! The good news is that my candidates who were laid off early in the 2008 recession actually were more likely to quickly land on their feet at another job than those laid off later.
- If your compensation is being cut, we can have an honest conversation about what you should do. We have a wealth of experience and current market intel that can help you decide if you should be looking for a new job or staying put.
- If you’re busy, congratulations! Pat yourself on the back. But be diligent! If you aren’t busy, and they ask you to help out in bankruptcy, say yes! Maybe even volunteer!
- If your firm or practice area is countercyclical, you lucky devil! Reach out to us and maybe hire some extra hands! Your new employees will be even more grateful to you if you hire them during a pandemic.
- If you need help networking, reach out! We are trying to help our people who have to move by making no fee referrals wherever we can help out a friend! Karma is real and sometimes the best placement is someone you help who later refers you to all their friends.
Hopefully we avoided all the worst covid cliches. Let us know what we can do.
Commercial Counsel @ Post IPO "Unicorn"
Commercial Counsel @ Video Gaming Unicorn
Ready Player One?
Litigation Counsel @ International Gaming Company
Rarer than Rare
Corporate Counsel, Tech & SaaS @ Social App
Put Yourself Out There
Corporate Counsel, Marketing @ Hot Social App
Corporate M&A Counsel @ E-Commerce Unicorn
M&A Transactions Counsel @ Private Equity & Venture Capital Group
The Mathletes of PE
Private Funds Counsel @ Private Equity & Venture Capital Group
Break into VC
Data & Product Counsel @ Zocdoc
First Name in Health-Tech
Counsel, Government & Commercial Contracts @ Relativity Space
The Right Stuff
VP, Business & Legal Affairs @ Media Tech SaaS Startup
In the Know
General Counsel @ Maven Clinic
Healthtech for Women & Families
Business & Legal Affairs Counsel @ Innovid
Legal Counsel @ The Hut Group (Beauty & Wellbeing E-Commerce)
Bevy of Beauty
Life Sciences Associate @ Top Startups Firm
The Antidote to Big Pharma
Associate Attorney @ Leading Investment Firm
For the Apex Preditors
Corporate Counsel @ Pharmaceutical Heavy-Weight
Hard Sciences Background not Required
General Counsel @ FinTech SaaS Startup
VP of Legal @ E-Commerce Consumer Lending Platform
Add to Cart
CFIUS Compliance @ Elite Tech Client
More Glamorous than Government
Emerging Companies Associate @ Elite Startup-Focused Firm
Keep EC/VC Weird
Futures Trading Compliance @ Crypto Trading Platform
The Brand Name in Crypto
Switch to FinTech from Finance @ AmLaw 100 Law Firm
Emerging Companies Capital Markets Associate @ Startups Focused Firm
Pivot to Cooler Clients
Legal Counsel @ The Trevor Project (Nonprofit for LGBTQ Youth)
Make a Difference
Senior In-House Counsel @ Digital Health Leader
Not Your Grandma's Healthcare
In-House Commercial Transactions Attorney @ Digital Health Leader
Healthcare Meets Tech
In-House Life Science Corporate Counsel @ Pharmaceutical Company
Future of Pharma
Exclusive: ECVC Associate at Elite Firm's LA Office
Best Partner Opportunity in SoCal
In-House Corporate Counsel at Venture Fund
VC Meets FinTech
Startup & Media Associate @ Arts & Entertainment-Focused Boutique
Director of Business & Legal @ Media Streaming Company
Privacy Counsel @ International Gaming Company
The Next Big Thing in Gaming
IP & Tech Litigation opp at a Silicon Valley tech Firm
The Move Before You Go In House
Privacy Partner @ Bay Area AmLaw 50 Firm
Plug and Play
Biotech Late Stage/Cap Markets Partner
Use Your Expertise
In-House FinTech Bankruptcy Counsel
Can bankruptcy lawyers go in-house? YES!
Senior In-house Counsel @ Edgy FinTech Shop
The Right Bankruptcy & Reorganization Practice For You
Restructuring Your Own Career
Partner Recruiting Coordinator @ Whistler Partners
The Good Life
New York or Los Angeles